Before you begin to think about JDE VM Templates, you must think about HARDWARE.
Hardware means not only the workstation, but the infrastructure you must have to support the JDE VM Templates workload.
Going straight to the point, below my recommendations for your infrastructure:
- For networking, I strongly recommend Gigabit Ethernet instead of the traditional 10/100 Ethernet. Transfer a 80GB template will take forever on 10/100!
- Avoid Wireless connections for servers.
- Use Routers and Switches Gigabit compatible - 10/100/1000
- Use Ethernet cables Cat 5e
- 2 NICs on the VM Server / Storage box. The VM Server need at least two network cards to work. One is for Server Heartbeat and control, other for VM's communication.
- 500 GB for VM Server + Storage Server + HTTP Server machine
- 1 TB for Virtual Box machine - VM Server Manager, Deployment Server, Development Workstation. I'm assuming this second machine is your personal desktop computer in which you'll virtualize using Oracle Virtual Box to get all those machines in only one piece of hardware.
- I do recommend SATA internal storage. I'm using a RAID array 0+1 which give me more performance in I/O, specially for database connections, but you can use your internal hard drive with no problems.
- 16 GB RAM on each machine.
- As we're virtualizing the environments, you must have a "virtualization" compatible processor. I'm using an Intel i7 2600 in my Virtual Box machine and two Intel Xeon 5600 Series on my HP Proliant DL360 G5, as my VM Server and Storage box.
So, basically you'll run the JDE VM Templates at your home office using two computers connected by a Gigabit Ethernet network infrastructure.
Below a diagram of the infrastructure I'm using on JDEFusion labs
|JDEFusion labs diagram for JDE VM Templates|
My setup is using an internet proxy / firewall system BEFORE go to the router. It's another machine, but it's an old laptop with 2GB Ram and 120 GB hard disk. I'm using a Linux small business server called Zentyal - www.zentyal.org. It's free and make the network management so much easier and increase the security as well. You can setup shares, Domain Control and has many other features that you'll be amazed! My two cents! :o)
I hope you got the message and if you're interested on start this project, I do recommend you to check your setup and make the necessary changes prior to install any software.
Also, I'll take a break with the next post because next week I'm going to Las Vegas to the Collaborate 12! The iConsortium group is sponsoring my travel and again, thanks to Tony Brackett for all the support! Talk to them if you need something related to JDE, like upgrades, implementations, etc...
Your blog is great. Your thoughts are also very good and i am very inspired from your post.ReplyDelete
Thank you very much! I really appreciate and I'm happy for that!ReplyDelete
Wondering if you are going to continue with these posts of using the VM Templates? This is something that I'm currently starting to work on and would probably be very useful. If not, could you share your notes?ReplyDelete
After answer you by email, I'd like to tell you I'm putting on-hold the JDE VM Templates tutorial.
The reason I explain here:
Thanks for your interest and let's wait a positioning from Oracle.
This post is truly inspiring, I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative.ReplyDelete
Store owners or managers finding that the alarm cannot be heard or detected soon enough have chained or positioned obstructions in front of these door to attempt to stop the possibility of theft through these exits. visit this siteReplyDelete
Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! 4x4 postcard printingReplyDelete
This blog is very helpful for us...I got some important information from this blog..ReplyDelete
DOT NET Training in Chennai
DOT NET Training in Bangalore
asp .net training in chennai
dot net institute in bangalore
aws training in bangalore
Data Science Courses in Bangalore
DevOps Training in Bangalore
PHP Training in bangalore
spoken english classes in bangalore
dot net training in marathahalli
Great post. keep sharing such a worthy informationReplyDelete
Tally Classes in Chennai
Tally Course in chennai
Tally training coimbatore
Tally course in madurai
Tally Course in Hyderabad
Tally Training in Chennai
Tally Course in Coimbatore
Tally Training in Hyderabad
ielts coaching centre in coimbatore
Ethical hacking course in bangalore
I really enjoyed this article. I need more information to learn so kindly update it.ReplyDelete
Salesforce Training in Chennai
salesforce training in bangalore
Salesforce Course in Chennai
best salesforce training in bangalore
salesforce institute in bangalore
salesforce developer training in chennai
web designing course in madurai
Hadoop Training in Bangalore
Excellent article, good concepts are delivered nice to read your article.ReplyDelete
python program for fibonacci series
inheritance in python example
number of elements in list python
string is palindrome or not
digital marketing interview questions and answers pdf
I really like the way he has written the article. Are you ready for the new game sims 4 cheats update! new cas items, configurable stairs and more.ReplyDelete
Great information. The above content is very interesting to read. This will be loved by all age groups.ReplyDelete
how to convert list to string in python
data structures using python
polymorphism in oops
numpy in python
python interview questions and answers for testers
convert string to list python
I was really impressed to see this blog, it was very interesting and it is very useful for all.ReplyDelete
interview questions on digital marketing
networking interview questions and answers